Ashish Mahendru has successfully handled a broad range of cases in state and federal courts, including business and commercial disputes and energy, construction, employment, securities, trade secrets and real estate cases.
He seeks efficient and effective outcomes for his clients. He is known for obtaining remarkable results early on in cases, especially for clients needing temporary injunctions and restraining orders. He has been praised by other lawyers as knowing the courthouse as well as anyone and he’s heard complaints from opposing lawyers who say he treats every client like it’s his only client, which can wear down his opponents. A client put it well when he said: “You have no doubt that Ashish wants to win the case as bad as you do.”
Mr. Mahendru represents individual litigants, class action litigants and corporate litigants, and he has the distinct perspective of representing both sides of the docket – plaintiffs and defendants. As a businessman and entrepreneur, he understands that legal disputes can threaten your business and reputation and he will work relentlessly to protect both.
Mr. Mahendru also has first chair jury trial experience in Texas State District Courts, where he has obtained effective verdicts for his clients. He has been honored to receive several Guardian Ad Litem and Attorney Ad Litem appointments from Harris County District Courts, and he is admitted to and practices in good standing in state courts in Texas and Massachusetts. In 2008, Mr. Mahendru was a candidate for judge of the 334th State District Court.
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- The University of Texas School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence – May 1996
- Dean’s Achievement Awards; Law Journal: Texas International Law Journal, Editorial Board
- The University of Texas, Bachelor of Arts – May 1993
- Honors Liberal Arts Program with Highest Honors
- Honored as Dean’s Distinguished Graduate for the College of Liberal Arts
- Louise B. Trice Endowed Scholarship in Plan II-Honors Liberal Arts Program
- Dean’s Distinguished Graduate Endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Employment Law – Management
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2022
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star by Thomson Reuters, 2006, 2011